We often talk about self-construction and renovation but, on a daily basis, the house also requires cosmetic improvements or sometimes just reorganization. A glimpse of old paintings or dirty paintings, a change of spaces, a change of furniture, a rethinking of what was thought at a time and which no longer necessarily corresponds to your desire.
Furnishings that have aged and are no longer in line with your lifestyle, damaged or obsolete materials, furniture and decoration that do not please you anymore .. Whether inside or outside, after 5 or 10 years, our tastes have often evolved, the house has grown old .. Let’s see how it is possible to go about to see what our eyes no longer see because of the habit?
1. First thing, make photos of your house: a complete series of photos of your garden, exterior, entrance and especially of all the most used parts and this from various angles; You will realize, looking at these images, a lot of details that your eye no longer sees: tarnished paint in some places, dirty slabs, unsightly plastic chairs, a dilapidated barrier, starving plants. Faded chart of your place of life with lots of little things that are not important enough to get on the weekend and yet that, put together end to end, make your home not as attractive as you’d like !
At a time when the home staging boxes on TV, make yourself even your own house makeover. This first step will allow you to have a picture at the instant “T” of your house with positive things and details to change; Decide, according to your own aesthetic values, by which you will begin: garden and exterior, paintings, interior design, etc.
2. Make a list of things to do and the approximate time that this will ask you; If repainting a barrier can be done in just one day, changing it can take a lot more time and resources. This list will give you an idea of the volume of work per item, piece by piece. A good way to decide what you will start with.
3. In the house: changing the layout of the furniture in the living rooms is a good way to realize that we do not use the space as well as possible; Sometimes a disposition has been chosen according to a piece of furniture, even though the piece of furniture is no longer there or no longer serves. By storing and sorting your cupboards, you will find that the latter are often cluttered with totally useless things (old magazines, objects gleaned, gifts relegated ..); Several studies show that 20% of the surface of houses is used for the storage of objects never used! If you do not like to throw, give to the associations (Secours Populaire, Emmaus ..) or sell at low price all these objects and useless furniture during an empty loft. Once rearranged at your convenience, the room (s) can be repainted or refreshed.
4. Outside, the area between the entrance of the house and the gate or the garage is a passageway used year round, neither truly garden nor interior; The garden hose, the boots, some tools, storage boxes, a bicycle, a rubbish bin, wood, or anything else you do not know where to put it elsewhere. In the photo, it will be easily realized that this is not necessarily the most welcoming place while the visitors arrive just here. A cleaning of the slabs or the path, a shelter wall which allows to hide all that is unsightly, some beautiful plants, one or two remarkable pots .. and the turn is played, the place of arrival regains charm.
5. The garden: often very well maintained by garden lovers, it can quickly become a vacant land if you do not like to prune, cut, mow or if you do not have time … A remedy, sow The fallow flowers in early spring and, without doing anything, you will have a beautiful multicolored meadow in front of your windows from May to October! In your photos, you may also find that you have placed some breaks and plastic furniture that deserve, at worst to be repainted, or better to be changed by wood or metal. The addition of an arbor, a small basin, a fountain, an original furniture, a remarkable isolated tree .. can quickly change the appearance of a lawn a little empty; The work on the “
6. External wall and gate: how many owners raise a 2m enclosing wall around their gate and leave it in rough breeze blocks! Funny gift made to neighbors and bystanders as these blockhouses; It seems that many municipalities do not do their work and let, damage.
7. House facade and roofing: on the picture taken of your house as a whole, perhaps you will find that the facade is not as clean as you thought .. a karcher’s stroke will be welcome, idem for The roof where mosses and lichens colonize your tiles. Another aspect, the color of your shutters that no longer seems to match your wishes; Before painting, check with our online simulator the different colors you could choose.
8. Kitchen: mid-showroom, this technical room has to be practical, clean, easy to circulate and ergonomic while combining the storage of a large number of utensils. Take a look at the pictures taken in this room and try to list what you think is good and what you do not like anymore … Do you have enough storage space very accessible? Can you sort and throw some things? Is the arrangement right for you? Is cooking your trips logical, work plan, sink, trash, hot spot, cold point? Are the most commonly used accessories easily accessible? These questions may seem really obvious and yet!
9. The bathroom: in France, the size of the bathrooms is rather small and the optimization of the space will require ingenuity; If you like to make the collection of cosmetics, what storage will be the most effective? How to save space with a cabinet under sink, shelves, closets? Keep the bathtub? Replace with an Italian shower, more trendy and very easy to access?
10. To make all these changes in interior and exterior design, you can use deco reviews, websites, programs that give simple but common sense stuff and, above all, do not forget Repeat a series of photos after the changes made, which will allow you to see the difference or even refine; Photography possesses the quality of freezing and delivering the aspect of a place without a state of mind, whereas we always choose to see with our filters, these places in which we live.
If you want to re-decorate some rooms in your house, you may be scared at first glance (financial aspect, time, lack of ideas …), often it is enough to start in the room which seems to you most The fever of creativity and want to redevelop everything. And then what a pleasure to do yourself, at his own pace, taking the time to hunt right to left. Try it, you’ll see!
En savoir plus sur http://www.maison-construction.com/la-renovation/10-idees-pour-ameliorer-laspect-de-sa-maison.html#tlVtU4Ps3CE4P6oy.99