You were out on the road driving your vehicle, riding your bike or motorcycle, or walking when a truck had suddenly appeared almost out of nowhere and hit you. Witnesses, passersby, and even the police who responded in the scene of the truck accident that you got caught in almost presumed you dead after they found you unconscious and massively bleeding. Emergency medical services then rushed you to the nearest hospital where you received adequate treatment. Now that you’re reading this from your hospital bed, here are some tips on how you can quickly get your health back to normal:
- Attend each session of physical and occupational therapy that your doctor told you to pursue.
The truck accident that you got caught in may have left you unable to walk or even curl your fingers.
- To help you regain your motor skills, you should undergo physical therapy where you’ll learn how to walk again. You should lower your expectations though as you may have to use a walker or crutches to help you walk in the first few months after the truck accident that happened to you until you can do it without any assistive device at all.
- Seek counsel from a psychiatrist.
Trucks are a staple of almost every road out there as most of them deliver goods from the food that we eat to the things that we buy. However, the mere sight of a truck once you get out of your hospital bed and return to your home can trigger unpleasant memories of the truck accident that almost claimed your life.
- You wouldn’t want to be forever haunted by memories of the truck accident that happened to you which is why you should consult a psychiatrist who can help you find ways to cope with the trauma that you’re experiencing every time you see a truck.
- Your psychiatrist may use various methods ranging from cognitive behavioral therapy to self-hypnosis to rewire your brain’s circuits so that they can form positive thoughts which can make it easier for you to move on with your life.
- File a compensation claim against the truck driver’s insurance provider.
As long as either you or your lawyer have proved that you’ve got nothing to do with the truck accident that left you severely injured, you should get the contact details of the insurance provider of the truck driver who had hit you.
- Once you’ve contacted the truck driver’s insurance provider, you should then file a compensation claim against them with the help of a lawyer.
- If the truck driver’s insurance provider had determined that their client was at fault for the truck accident that left you injured, they’re then supposed to shoulder all your medical and other costs.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, more than 400,000 truck accidents occurred in 2015 with 20 percent of them resulting in injuries. Compared to most other vehicular accidents, a truck accident can end your life faster as the said vehicle’s sheer size alone can crush your body like a paper doll. Thankfully, you had miraculously survived the truck accident that you got caught in, so the only thing left for you to do now is to get your health back to normal with the above-listed tips. It won’t be long before you can catch up on everything that you’ve missed while you were recovering from the injuries that you received from your truck accident.